With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Atlassian is seeking a Program Manager to boost the effectiveness of our teams by leading key technical programs, championing delivery success and operationalising the product development processes in order to make our delivery hum with effectiveness and efficiency.
As the ideal Program Manager, you are a dynamic individual who champions delivery excellence, thrives in making order out of moving parts and understands the importance of the teamwork it takes to make programs successful. Alongside leaders and colleagues in the Program Management team, you will develop and apply practices, plays, and agile frameworks to ensure successful project delivery and build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams.
A bit about the team:
Atlassian's Program Managers support a variety of different business functions, both technical and non-technical, including Customer Experience, IT, Customer Support and Success, and People teams. We strive to be experts in four key pillars: driving outcomes, communication and collaboration, leading and inspiring, and excelling in the craft.
Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Like air traffic controllers they shepherd the safe, orderly, and swift flow of initiatives at Atlassian.
To be successful in this role you will be able to engage with many cross-functional teams (with varying perspectives!), to shepherd projects aligned to the strategic plan. You will need to deeply understand Atlassian's priorities, and relate them to company level business goals. You are a centre of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the teams working toward a common strategy.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
- Run priority programs, to influence the overall success of the Program's strategy.
- Clearly communicate for impact across teams, functions and programs - ensuring broad understanding of status, risks, dependencies, and insights.
- Ensure the teams you work with are planning and setting the right goals, and executing on those goals efficiently following good tracking and standardised reporting methods.
- Negotiate across many teams and stakeholders to broker commitments and program roadmaps, driving a high degree of predictability; re-baselining based on new information and effectively managing complex dependencies.
- Proactively surface program issues and risks early while ensuring clear understanding and resolution/mitigation plans are in place.
- Work directly with Engineering leaders on technically complex programs of work.
- You love running cross-functional programs in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You are an excellent collaborator specifically with software teams and communicator that can expertly influence and coach change across teams.
- You're a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together.
- You are able to prioritise and ask the right questions.
- You promote a healthy 'measure twice, cut once' decision making culture.
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have relevant professional experience, demonstrating success as a Program Manager in a dynamic environment with globally distributed teams.
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery.
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy.
- You have experience working directly with Engineering leaders on technically complex programs of work, fostering a shared understanding between technical and non-technical team members
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a future Atlassian.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt.
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub (https://www.atlassian.com/company/careers/resources).
Interested to apply for this opportunity?
Our AI can calculate your resume matching score with this job.Check your resume matching score Get jobs recommendations