With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Atlassian's Program Management team is on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and ensure teams are continually progressing and delivering sophisticated cross functional programs that drive customer objectives.
As a Manager, you will lead a team of program managers to drive all global programs end to end. As the Manager, you will understand the 'why' behind strategic plans and manage your team's work to execute on them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications for various audiences, set processes for cross-team projects, and guide the Program Managers to successful program delivery.
Key components of this work include
- Growing and leading a high performing program management team.
- Forming strong partnerships with other leadership teams.
- Ensure effective delivery of customer outcomes across the portfolio of programs.
- Enable the organisation to scale through the creation and catalysing process and tools that enable 10X velocity of delivery.
You will be responsible for helping your team prioritise their work across the program, and setting each individual and the collective team up for continued success. You are a big picture problem solver who's able to investigate the details across every aspect of software development. You understand how a large scale business operates, and are able to hold your own in high level, high stakes, strategic decision making sessions. You'll nail it if you can spot the challenges the organization will face ahead of time and do your part in handling them.
Your impact is amplified beyond delivery through your ability to advance the Program Management craft. Together, the team develops and applies practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and effective teams. In this role, you'll get to:
- Manage a remote Program Management team as part of the Programs & Practices team.
- Help define the strategy, developing OKRs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the annual plan.
- Participate in long term planning, decision making, tracking and high level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high level estimates and headcount requirements and balancing with the need to experiment and learn fast in an emerging business space.
- Drive end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed.
- Build, test, and iterate on practices for effective dependency management for the whole of Atlassian. Drive standard methodologies for cross-team collaboration and ensure the customer's end to end experience is looked after.
- Work with your team to map and own the delivery of town halls, quarterly business reviews, leadership off-sites and other planning sessions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Relevant professional experience in program management.
- Ability to communicate for impact at all levels and a passion for collaboration.
- Ability to establish and nurture a diverse and high performing cross-functional leadership team and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Experience turning strategy into executable plans, especially in a product - platform environment.
- Strong foundational program management capability and ability to drive 10X change while keeping the best of our culture.
- The ability to lead a highly effective team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you. Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub (https://www.atlassian.com/company/careers/resources).
Interested to apply for this opportunity?
Our AI can calculate your resume matching score with this job.Check your resume matching score Get jobs recommendations