We don’t just make homewares. We turn houses into homes.
As a family business based in Melbourne, we’ve seen this city grow and watched how homes around Australia have changed. Family dinners have become food delivery nights. Your best glassware is no longer saved just for special occasions. The dining table has become your home office and a study desk for the kids (so you eat your dinner on the couch!).
As your lives have changed, so have we. We now design and create plates that turn take-out into a well deserved timeout. Glasses fit for both celebrating and winding down after work. That mug you remove from the dishwasher before the cycle has finished, just because it’s your favourite. Bathroom accessories that add personal flair to your inner sanctuary.
We’re here for it all. Catastrophes. Successes. Failures. Friendships. Every home dinner. Your outdoor summer gatherings. Your family picnics. Your annual celebrations.
At salt&pepper we don’t just make homewares. We help create memories, traditions and daily rituals. Because even though four walls make a house, it’s what’s inside that makes a home.
Eat. Drink. Happy. Home.
About The Opportunity
salt&pepper is growing! An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Manager to join our merchandise team at our head office in Coburg. This role will lead the Planning process and support our store and wholesale teams by driving sales and maximizing profitability through efficient stock management
As the Planning Manager you will be critical in taking our business to the next level across our wholesale and retail businesses. You will develop and manage Open to Buy, be responsible for maintaining stocks and receipts in line with budgets whilst balancing this with driving sustainable sales and margin growth.
You will work with the Product & Sales teams to manage wholesale customer stocks in line with their customer requirements including monitoring season forecasts and identifying gaps & opportunities. You will work with the Stores & Product Team to build overall business option plan and determine and execute stores ranging and promotional plan. You will oversee an Allocator who will create & manage supplier PO and manage stock & replenishment for Retail
You will be responsible for:
- Management of our end-to-end planning processes and workflows including Pre & Post season planning; building OTB category & option plans, promotional planning & new store opening
- In-season trade; including tactical promotions, receipt plans and margin planning
- Manage Monthly forecast and annual forecast process that includes sales, profit and inventory, working closely with the CFO
- Lead the Allocation Analyst to create and implement inventory allocation strategies to maximize sales, inventory placement and customer experience and review store performance against sales targets and identify trends and opportunities
- Work closely with the Production Manager to manage purchase orders and stock flow
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to manage inventory into stores
- Manage and own the total product lifecycle; making recommendations and manage exit strategies for lines exiting the business
- Continuously improve key end-to-end planning performance indicators from forecasting, order fulfillment, to on-time delivery
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 3 Years+ retail planning experience in a vertical or retail environment
- Hold a university degree in Business, Fashion and Textiles or equivalent
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word). Pronto and Phocas experience ideal but not critical
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to engage with multiple cross functional teams and senior stakeholders across the business.
- Superior interpersonal abilities, able to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Innovative thinkers that like a challenge. Someone who is action-oriented, loves to learn, thrives on being creative, is willing to speak up and who is passionate about what they do
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adaptable to change in a face -paced environment
- Experience presenting to senior management
- Ability to influence and inspire action in others
Interested to apply for this opportunity?
Our AI can calculate your resume matching score with this job.Check your resume matching score Get jobs recommendations