As one of Australia’s most successful luxury brands, CAMILLA is continuing to "colour the world", and we are looking for a passionate and dynamic Garment Technician to work across our Swim, Active and Lingerie collection whilst fostering close relationships with the entire design tribe and overseas suppliers. CAMILLA is constantly reaching for the stars on our journey and are seeking someone equally as driven to make a difference in our Tribe.
Our perfect Garment Technician possesses:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar luxury womenswear environment
- Tertiary education in Design, Pattern making and Grading is essential
- A genuine awareness of trends and the ability to incorporate this into fit sessions
- Experience working with swim is essential
- In depth knowledge and experience in fabric testing and quality assurance
- A passion for building meaningful working relationships and the ability to influence others as required
- Strong organisational skills to adhere to critical path deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Tech pack and garment spec knowledge is essential
- Illustrator skills are preferable
What a day in the Garment Technician life at CAMILLA looks like:
- Working with all design and buying tribe members across the entire collection
- Influencing fit sessions by measuring garments and commenting on manufacturing finishes
- Creating initial Tech Packs in conjunction with design for prototype development and help maintain tech packs at every stage
- Maintaining the excellence of CAMILLA’s fit and quality
- Liaising daily with the buying team and suppliers in India and China in regard to re-fits, fabrics, labelling and grading.
- Reviewing print strike offs/ lab dips and other submissions with designer and submitting comments to the supplier
Why join the CAMILLA tribe?
- We focus on our tribe’s Health and Wellbeing which includes yoga, a mental health program, meditation, and personal training
- Beautiful Head Quarters, our CAMILLA Villa in Alexandria, with flexible work from home options
- An employee assistance program offering confidential counselling and coaching support
- We offer generous staff discounts
- Personal and professional development and growth
- We have a pet friendly office!
- Allowances that will have you head to toe in CAMILLA
- Worldly parties not to miss!
If you think you’re the perfect tribe member, float on over and apply now!
With love xx
At CAMILLA, you are seen for your heart, soul, talent, abilities, quirks, authenticity, drive, and individuality.
When welcoming a new member into our Tribe, we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
We will adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs
Equality will know no boundaries within our walls and wherever we go.
Interested to apply for this opportunity?
Our AI can calculate your resume matching score with this job.Check your resume matching score Get jobs recommendations