back to recommendation list
Work from anywhere
Full Time (38 hrs p/wk)
- Competitive Salary + Super & access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Flexible Working Arrangements (incl. work from home)
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Located close to the CBD in Flemington (VIC)
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 900 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, regional Victoria, and Hobart. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing and community care services. As an organisation that advocates for social justice, we are committed to upholding our values of options, dignity and rights for our clients as well as our employees.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to undertake the role of Accounts Clerk within the Finance Operations team at our Head Office in Flemington. Reporting to the Financial Accountant – Corporate and Business Support, the Accounts Clerk will be responsible for completing various tasks for the Corporate and Business Support team at Wintringham. This position is an excellent opportunity to further develop your understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
Your initial day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of cash receipts into the Epicor finance system
- Completion of bank reconciliations
- Generation of debtors reports
- Raising of invoices
- Assistance with the reconciliation of Wintringham’s credit card accounts (currently more than 145 card holders) in line with established company policies and procedures
- Assistance with the review and reimbursement of petty cash submissions from Wintringham’s programs (currently over 45 individual floats)
- Provision of administrative support to senior finance staff
- Provision of back up relief for other Accounts Clerk and A/P Accounts Clerk roles within the Finance Operations team
- Over 2 years experience working within a Finance team
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications, proficient using Excel
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Commitment to social justice
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
For more information about this exciting role, you can view a copy of the Position Description .
Applications can be addressed to Manish Prasad (Financial Accountant – Corporate & Business Support) and submitted via our website. Please submit a brief Cover Letter introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role to accompany your CV.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close on Thursday 24th November 2022
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check.
Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is committed to providing safe and inclusive environments and services. We celebrate differences in ability, age, culture, gender, gender identity, race, religion, sexuality, spirituality and beliefs. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued in a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
The safety of all older people is paramount and we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Diversity and inclusion make our community and Wintringham stronger, and contributes to helping us end homelessness for older people.
Interested to apply for this opportunity?
Our AI can calculate your resume matching score with this job.Check your resume matching score Get jobs recommendations